Our bus routes are well planned to cover almost all parts of Hooghly. The buses are manned by trained drivers, male helpers and lady attendants sensitized to the needs of children. We are fully committed and determined to provide school transport service with highest safety measures and comfort to each student.
1.Students can avail the school transport subject to the availability of seats. Parents are requested to consult the school transport In charge for details regarding routes of school buses.
2. The Monthly Bus Service Charges for the scheduled route/routes will be as per notification. Fees will be charged for 12 months in a year (including vacation). A parent who withdraws a ward to avoid Holiday Charges may not be given the bus service facility after re-opening the school. The amount is payable along with school fees on a quarterly basis.
3.A student who is commuting by school bus should be at the bus stop at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time of the bus. The bus will not wait for any latecomers. The student has to be on the correct side of the arriving bus. The scheduled timings are available with the Transport-in-charge at the school. The school reserves the right to alter the timings if and when necessary.
4.Students are issued a set of 2 identity cards (Student ID Card and Escort Card). Students ID Card should be worn by the students before boarding the bus and he or she should wear the same at all times, till the completion of the return bus journey. No one will be allowed to board the bus without the Student ID Card.
5. Students are allowed to use only the allotted bus and bus stop. No change will be allowed without prior written permission of the school.
6. The school will not be held responsible for any lapses in the bus services. In case of discrepancies/ grievances parents are requested to contact the Transport In charge.
7. In the case of change in stop and / or bus (of a temporary or permanent nature), the permission for the same has to be sought through an application on prescribed form available at the school Office. The filled in application form along with requisite fee to be submitted at the School Office for permanent change. However the change shall become effective only after a written permission is granted by the school. In such event a new set of ID cards will be issued. (on payment of requisite fees.)
8.If either the Identity Card or Escort Card is lost or mutilated, a new set of card(s) can be procured by applying on the prescribed form available at the School Office along with the remaining card (ID/ Escort Card) and requisite fee. The fee and the application form to be submitted at Book store. In case of loss of transport route badge, a duplicate badge will be issued upon payment of requisite at the Book Store.
9.If a student misses his allotted bus, he is not supposed to board any other DPS bus. Thereafter, it is the responsibility of the parents to drop their wards to the school. However, the student may return by the allotted bus.
10. No Student is allowed to leave the campus on their own transport. However, If due to certain exigencies, a student has to leave the campus during school hours under his own arrangements, the following rules are to be observed :
• Written request from the parent/guardian is required.
• Escort Card is to be produced.
• A permission slip is obtained and shown at the school gate before leaving the campus.